Thanks to its groundbreaking SFA14K platform, DDN’s Embedded Lustre File System Solutions are now much faster, more cost effective, and enterprise & web cloud enabled
Continuing to build on its unmatched leadership in HPC and Lustre-based storage, DataDirect Networks (DDN) has unveiled its new high-end Lustre storage appliance, built specifically for HPC and data intensive Enterprise markets. The DDN EXAScaler ES14K combines the industry’s fastest storage platform from DDN with Intel Enterprise Edition Lustre parallel file system to deliver the world’s most advanced Lustre appliance.
Benefits of the new ES14K include:
- Highest Performance – 4x faster than all other Lustre solutions on the market, providing up to ½ TB/second throughput in a single rack;
- Lowest Latency – Delivers latencies as low as 100μs for superfast embedded file system and metadata speeds thanks to its specially designed internal PCIe Gen3 fabric;
- Most Efficient Scalability – Provides up to 2x more capacity per rack than competitive alternatives, delivering 7+PB in a single rack and scaling to 14+PB in a single appliance;
- Designed for Flash – All SSD configurations to deliver industry-leading storage IOPS, throughput and metadata performance. Leverage hybrid options to drive down the cost/GB while maintaining the performance of a flash tier;
- Most Experienced Lustre Provider on the Globe – DDN brings over 10 years of Lustre development, deployment, optimization and support expertise to deliver high reliability, ease of deployment and optimal solution performance to the most demanding scale and performance environments around the world;
- Exascale Ready – HPC architectures are now depending on the innovation leadership of DDN, which combines DDN’s Exascale-ready ES14K and DDN’s IME application acceleration and burst buffer, to deliver the world’s only complete solution for performance-optimized cache and cost-optimized storage that aligns with Exascale initiatives and budget.
Leveraging Lustre 2.7 pre-installed and fully optimized for DDN’s high-density storage appliances, ES14K delivers 4x the performance and up to 2x higher density than competitive offerings and offers robust management and monitoring interfaces, HPC-level performance that optimizes both mixed and parallel IO performance, and complete DDN/Intel integrated support.
Brent Gorda, GM of Intel’s High Performance Data Division said, “With more than a decade of experience in designing, installing and supporting Lustre-based storage, DDN is the most experienced Lustre provider and has worked closely with us over many years to design optimized Lustre-based storage systems. DDN’s latest ES14K offering delivers a high-performing, high density appliance for the HPC market built on Intel® Enterprise Edition for Lustre. Lustre has strong and accelerating momentum in the market and is being widely adopted in the high performance technical computing arena by national labs and universities, as well as traditional industries like research, oil and gas, manufacturing, and financial services. Intel is delighted to see DDN expand its Lustre offering with the new ES14K appliance, and we look forward to continuing our strong collaboration to deliver advanced, performance-driven technologies and solutions to customers worldwide.”
Leading high-performance computing organizations depend on DDN and Intel Lustre’s cutting-edge solutions to solve some of today’s toughest data-intensive storage challenges, including the University of Tokyo, The First Institute of Oceanography, SOA, CEA and TACC. The new ES14K is generally available today and will be showcased at the International Supercomputing Conference (ISC), booth #1010, in Frankfurt, Germany July 19-23, 2016, said the release.